Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pee on the Mattress

Too many mornings start with Spark coming into my room, saying, "Mommy, I peed on the bed again. I'm very sorry." It's KILLING me. The laundry. The sheets. The blankets. The pajamas. The mattress pad. Did I mention the laundry?

Buzz and I are not sure where he gets all this pee. It's insane quantities. More often than not, the pee seeps through the mattress pad onto the mattress. Having tried several different methods of cleaning urine out of Spark's mattress, I've concluded that Borax works for me. It's simple and extremely effective.
  1. Sprinkle about 1/4 of a cup of Borax on the offensive spot on the mattress.
  2. Rub it in with a rag.
  3. Allow to dry for a while (even all day if you're headed out the door soon).
  4. Vaccuum the Borax from the mattress.
Done! No more pee! SERIOUSLY!

For extra freshness, add a couple drops of your favorite soothing essential oil, such as lavender, to the mattress.

3 comments:

John and Lisa said...

Great tip! This is one of those things that is SO hard to conquer, glad you found a solution.

Anonymous said...

Borax, eh? Good to know. Eli still has the occasional accident, and with baby number two just a couple of months old, I see lots of urine-soaked sheets in our future.

Unknown said...

Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! best mattress of 2012

 
Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites